RE: New snapshot with significant new functionality

Chris, Chris, Chris,

Here are a couple of alternate ideas:

1) Require a mount to access /proc (or just /proc/registry). Use a
mount-time option to enable writability of the registry portion of /proc
(an option to the mount command and a bit in the __flags argument to the
mount system call).

2) Use the writability of /proc/registry. This has the advantage of
providing some selectivity w.r.t. which user attempts the registry update.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA