Reporting a few bugs--rxvt is not properly configured and man does not work nor does info

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I just finished installing the current collection of Cygwin items.
However, since I selected to install rxvt, I decided to use that, rather
then the regular bash shell. Instead of getting the terminal screen that
I used to finding on all Linux systems, I get garbage. The prompt is not
showing, and when I try to run man to find out how to configure it, man
goes crunch with a complaint that there is not a man page for it. It
even complains about a formatting error, and displays a long line of
untransferrable garbage. It gets worse, when I try to use info to see if
there is an info page or pages on that subject, it goes "clunk", and
says something about "dir not being present". Also, when I go directly
to the info directory, and try info <filename>, it does not read the
file, it simply dies again. That problem with rxvt happened twice, now
when I try and launch it, it closes. No error message on the bash shell,
just the sound that my computer uses when he closes a program. I do wish
I could have present these bugs, in a format that would be considered
useful, but I am rather new at this, having returned to using the
toolchain after a rather long vacation.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi