Re: setup.exe (2-194-2-26) - blind or stupid?

Robert Collins wrote:

>>And, one more problem. Or not a problem?
>>I'm not have to see directories like http%3someone. His name (contains
>>percents) potentially destructive.
>>

> Whats destructive about a %? Its not an escape character for shell utilities or windows AFAIK.

Actaully, it's the variable replacement character for command.com and
cmd.exe, similar to the $ char in every other shell known to mankind,
except that the variable must be prefixed AND appended with the % char:

 > echo %USERNAME%
cwilson

However, I don't see how that could cause a problem -- unless someone
was attempting to TYPE the directory name by hand into a command.com
shell (without bash)...and even THEN it probably wouldn't HURT anything...

--Chuck