Setup.exe: Clairvoyant _and_ Brilliant

Robert,

I know this is pretty much a dead horse and I'm sure you're growing tired
of these nit-pickings, but...

One thing that I think would be nice is if the URL scheme were omitted from
the URL-encoded directory name of the download cache directory. The reason
I say that is that Setup.exe's cache directory naming scheme would then be
compatible with the directory naming and creation behavior of "wget -x".

I understand that this could potentially create a conflict when a given
host supports more than one scheme (hosting both an FTP and HTTP mirror is
common, including on the mirror I use, mirrors.rcn.net). On the other hand,
there would only be a clash if the directory portion of the mirror's URL
were the same for both the HTTP and FTP (and rsync) servers and even then,
presumably package files of the same name would be identical. So in fact,
it seems there's no real clash, right?

If, as I believe, there's no real reason to include the URL scheme in the
cache directory name, would you, Robert, consider removing it?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA