Setup.exe

Hello all:

  I am wondering, is there any way to get the Cygwin Setup
program to download to the same directories as before? As
it is right now, every time I run setup.exe, I am seeing a
new folder added with a name like:
"C:Downloadscygwinhttp%3a%2f%2fuiarchive.uiuc.edu%2fmirrors%2fftp%2fsources.redhat.com%2fpub%2fcygwin"

  Sometimes I have to abort the installation program when
making updates, and it's really annoying having to start
over, the old way worked just fine. Setup would see that
some of the files are already there, and skip those files.
Plus, it's much easier on the eyes. I don't care if it
doesn't pick-up in the middle of a half-downloaded file
-that is, if it just starts the last partially completed
file over - it is still better than downloading entire set
all over again! Also, this is a minor thing, but is it
possible for Setup to estimate before-hand aproximately how
long the download is going to take. I mean, even if it is
as
simple as asking your modem type/download speed, adding the

size of the files together, then doing other math stuff, to
give an approximate time; that would be something. Then if,
say, it could potentially take longer than the user would
like, he/she could hit the <back> button, de-select a few
files and repeat till the user IS satisfaction... Well,
like I said, it would be something!

TTFN (ta-ta-for-now)

=====
Sincerely,