RE: Cygwin/GCC

I don't think I know something you don't... I am test compiling gcc from
CVS, both the 3.1 branch as well as trunk a.k.a. 3.2 right now. It also
happens that java/libjava/libgcj is coming along, at least in the trunk
and it might show up in a 3.1.1 release. I'd guess a 3.1 release is due
in a week or two.

Anyhow, the configure, bootstrap/build, and check was started at about
Fri May  3 21:16:37 UTC 2002, and it was done at about Sat May  4
14:13:58 UTC 2002. This, IMHO, seems a bit too long on this Windows
XP/cygwin 1.8 GHz P4 system with 1 GB of memory.

The test results of this build is available at:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-05/msg00117.html

N.B., the many if not most of the test suite failures are due to a know
problem with libtool, a suggested patch, not yet taken up into the cvs
sources is discussed at the thread staring here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-05/msg00021.html

Cheers,

/ChJ