Changing fonts for rxvt

I recently compiled glib-1.2.10.tar.gz and mc-4.5.55.tar.gz under cygwin
1.3.10-1.  If I ssh to my server using puTTY, the line art in mc is
displayed just fine.  However, if I use rxvt on the local machine, the
line-art is displayed as upper ascii characters and looks bad.  I've looked
all over the Internet and through the archives but could not find out how
to resolve this.

I know it has to do with the font I am using so I guess my question is how
do I use "Courier New" with rxvt?  If I use the rxvt option -fn "Courier"
and -fn "Courier-New", it looks exactly the same (line-art does not work
with either).  However, if I use "Courier-New" wit puTTY, it works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

rotaiv.