Re: New version of setup - prerelease available

On Wed, 1 May 2002 21:33:22 +1000 you wrote:

>I've uploaded a new version of setup.exe, and source, to
>http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/setup-md5-20020501.exe

I've just tried to use this...

As usual, I did a 'Download from Internet' followed by an 'Install from
Local Drive'.

The download worked like a dream.
The install didn't.

For the install it got as far as the page which says:
Process
This page displays the progress of the download or installation.

Installing...
(PKG)
(FILE)
Package [ bar graph... ]

The package chooser window is not opened. Nothing is displayed after the
(PKG) or (FILE) and the bar graph does not move. The process eats memory
until it gets up to ~168MB and then ends.  Nothing is installed. setup.log
and setup.log.full are not modified (the last things logged were the
downloads of the files from the previous run).

Version 2.194.2.25 happily installed the packages which your beta had
downloaded.

--
Mark Himsley
In Acton