Re: New snapshot with significant new functionality

> If you do have problems, report them *here*.  Don't send me private
> email.  Don't send email to ChrisJ.  Don't send mail to cygwin-apps,
> cygwin-announce, or cygwin-developers (unless you actually are
> subscribed and want to talk about the implementation).  If you think the
> code should be patched, don't send mail to cygwin-patches unless you
> actually have a patch to submit.
Chris, I see you have made the fhandler_virtual, etc. functions use vanilla
path_conv instead of normalized_path or whatever I called it originally.
This relies on path_conv::check returning the normalised posix path instead
of the native path as it usually does. However this breaks stuff like mkdir
/proc badly (in this case, a directory called 'proc' gets created in the
root of C:\). The fix is to go back to using the normalised path explicitly
(i.e. replacing pc with pc.normalized_path) in fhandler_virtual.cc, etc. and
removing the strcpy (path, path_copy) line from path.cc.
Since I have some free time tommorrow I will try to make a patch for this
and some of the other outstanding bugs I know about.
I also need an opinion on how the directory /proc should be treated.
Either:
    i) a real directory called /proc hides the virtual directory /proc
completely
    ii) the virtual directory /proc hides the real directory /proc
completely (other than showing up in a directory listing of /)
    iii) the virtual directory /proc inherits the permissions and ownership
of the real directory /proc if it exists
    iv) the virtual directory /proc is only accessible if there exists a
real directory /proc (combined with one of the above)

Regards
Chris