Re: advise on using fetchmail

Jason schrieb:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:09:44PM +0100, Mark Cooke wrote:
>> fetchmail -u mark
>>
>> results in this error all the time:
>>
>> fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
>> fetchmail: can't raise the listener; falling back to
>> /usr/local/bin/procmail -d %T

> I have never seen the above error message.

I get this always when my SMTP server is not available.
My fetchmail falls back to /usr/sbin/sendmail ... then as I'm not
using procmail.  It is not a real error, it is normal if you have
procmail support compiled in and no SMTP daemon is running.

Use the config settings from Jason to override the search for a
SMTP daemon on the localhost.

--
=^..^=