Re: Resource temporarily unavailable - bash fails but works with old versions

On Thu, 2 May 2002 11:29:03 -0400 Satya Nemana <satya@paramanet.com> wrote:

> Sorry. Please ignore this as a false alarm. Here is an update. It does
> not occur anymore even with my new cygwin path and got fixed as follows.
> I could isolate this problem by getting rid of .profile which was same
> as .bashrc.

Thank you for letting us know.

> It is a very complex script that has several commands as follows and
> starts lots of applications using bash to run in different dos windows.
> This runs several applications simultaneously during the start-up and
> all these are running .bashrc and .profile at the same time. I guess
> that's probably why this causes this resource unavailable problem, since
> all these myapp-commands use cp, ls, chmod very frequently.
>
> + cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp1; unset CYGENV;.
> .bashrc; myapp1'
> + cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp2; unset CYGENV;.
> .bashrc; myapp2'
> + cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp3; unset CYGENV;.
> .bashrc; myapp3'

That's a lot of cmd.exe calls there.

1.  Have you tried using cygstart.exe instead of start?  It's part of the
cygutils package.
2.  The 'title' option in %CYGWIN% may let you avoid the 'cmd /c title's.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html