make

Ok, I'm new to this list.  I was using cygwin a few months ago and changed
computers... I just installed cygwin on my new computer but can not get make
to be recognized.  I keep getting this message:
bash: make: command not found
bash: gcc: command not found

obviously gcc was when I tried to compile a file.  I remember something
about having to get cygwin (the bash) to recognize those commands but I have
no idea what that was.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thank you,

tim