RE: Resource temporarily unavailable - bash fails but works with old versions

Sorry. Please ignore this as a false alarm. Here is an update. It does not occur anymore even with my new cygwin path and got fixed as follows. I could isolate this problem by getting rid of .profile which was same as .bashrc.

My bash script is too big to be emailed. I could not spend time to minimize it to reproduce this problem, It is not so easy to minimize and reproduce this problem, since it has something to do with timing issues.

It is a very complex script that has several commands as follows and starts lots of applications using bash to run in different dos windows. This runs several applications simultaneously during the start-up and all these are running .bashrc and .profile at the same time. I guess that's probably why this causes this resource unavailable problem, since all these myapp-commands use cp, ls, chmod very frequently.

+ cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp1; unset CYGENV;. .bashrc; myapp1'
+ cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp2; unset CYGENV;. .bashrc; myapp2'
+ cmd /c start cmd /c bash -c 'cmd /c title myapp3; unset CYGENV;. .bashrc; myapp3'

CYGENV is defined in $HOME/.bashrc as follows, just not to run it multiple times. It has lots of code.

if [ "$CYGENV" = "" ]
then
    export CYGENV=y
    .... [deleted]...
fi

I had a copy of .profile same as .bashrc in my /home/Administrator and I removed the .profile now and then this problem went away. I had some trouble with the new cygwin, that does not automatically run this .bashrc when I login and so I made a copy of this into .profile to make it work and this caused this problem. With this, my script works, but I have to run .bashrc specially when I start a new bash window.

c:/cygwin/cygwin.bat and the start-up script used by the launch command is one of the changes that I noticed between old and new cygwins and I had modified it to make it work. I could resolve it. Thanks to Jim Drash for following up.

-SN