Re: Problems starting apache, DLL base address conflicts?

"S. L." wrote:

> > Based upon Jason's pointers, I used the following command to rebase the
> > apache dll's, and now it seems to work,
> >
> [...]
>
> So this must lead to conclusion that the method of using of the "third
> party" ld.exe (the one with auto-import that Stipe recommends -- and actually
> works OTF -- in cygwin.html) must be augmented with this "rebase after link"
> method. :)

I didn't use the Ralf Habacker's ld version anymore. At least since
Cygwin's packaged ld supports the auto-import function.

> Any hope to shorten this last method ?!

Yep, do we (package contributors) have to rebase packages before
tarballing them, or what's the standard way to do it?

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248