Re: New version of setup - prerelease available

--On Wednesday, May 01, 2002 9:33 PM +1000 Robert Collins
<robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:

> I've uploaded a new version of setup.exe, and source, to
> http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/setup-md5-20020501.exe and
> http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/setup-md5-20020501-src.tar.bz2.

When I run this new version (2.216) and select "Install from Local
Directory", as soon as setup gets to the "Progress" window (before
listing any available packages), the CPU jumps up over 50% while
the memory for that process grows to about 150 MB.  Eventually,
after about a minute or so, the setup window/process disappears.

I haven't had any problems with the current release or previous
releases of setup.exe, and this new version seems to work when I
select "Install from Internet".  My local directory is a mirror
of mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin, which I have been using
for several months and is updated every night.  I am running W2K,
and I have confirmed this behavior on two systems so far, one is
W2K Professional (workstation) and one is W2K Server.

Let me know if you need me to provide any more information....

Alan