mc

Hi all,
Im trying to compile midnight commander.  Firstly I have compiled and
installed the glib package, after that mc compiles all the source files
without any error messages however when it tries to link them it says
that could not find 'gettext' and 'bindtextdomain' funtions.  I have
already installed gettext package.  Does anybody have an opinion about
the solution ?

Thanx,
emre