Re: Cygwin maildrop patches and issues (was Re: fetchmail 5.9.8 ...)

Hello Jason.

Nice to hear from you, and exceedingly nice to see that you stuck to
maildrop. I  reverted to IMAP/SSL to read my mail for a good while
(since I changed offices and my network connectivity improved
considerably), and have had little reason to look into the problems in
more detail.

I have since made a rather dramatic move to the Mac OS X platform (at
least at home), so that also made a difference... :) But I (and most of
my team) are still using Cygwin as the cornerstone of our work
environment, so I'm still paying attention (it's just stuff like this -
the non-critical work bits) that get put aside for a while.

What you mention is true: maildrop is closely associated with maildirs
(and it was due to one of my colleagues, who swears by maildir on any
OS, that I came accross it). I intended to use mutt with maildirs,
including a shared mail archive we keep, but did not get around to it.

Nevertheless, I'll give your patches a look on my PC. :) Thanks a lot. :)
Will you submit them to the maintainers?

R.