Re: ASCII ftp transfer contains ^M

At 03:54 AM 4/18/2002, lau bella wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I installed Cygwin 1.3.10 in w2k advanced server
>(SP2).
>
>I create a DOS text file A with notepad in PC. The
>size of file A displayed as 80 bytes in DOS prompt. I
>used ASCII mode to transfer file A to the w2k advanced
>server (using Cygwin ftp server). The size of file A
>displayed as 80 bytes in Cygwin. When I use Cygwin
>command 'dos2unix' to convert file A. The file size
>changed to 75 byte.
>
>File A may contain ^M characters. I want Cygwin
>convert file A from DOS format to UNIX format
>automatically after ftp. How can i do that, any
>setting needed ?

For any possible settings needed, I'll direct you to the FTP
man page.  If there's a way to do it, it will be listed there.
In general, this is not a Cygwin issue.  It's a general FTP
issue.  You would have the same result if you used a native
Windows FTP server.  Cygwin's FTP server will create native
text files just like a Windows FTP server will when text mode
transfer is selected.