Re: bash 2.05a-3: option to allow drive letter prefixes for completion?

At 01:54 PM 4/16/2002, Chris Metcalf wrote:
>Larry Hall replied:
> > I don't see this behavior.  It works fine for me (tm).
>
>Perhaps you installed cygwin to c:/ instead of c:/cygwin?  That would
>explain why it looks the same.  If you have some other drive mounted
>(e.g. d:), I'd be curious to see whether file completion out of a path
>under d: works for you too.  (Same goes for Rick Rankin; and I also
>have show-all-if-ambiguous set in my .inputrc, so that's not it.)
>
>In general, if one expands c:/foo in a Unix bash, it will also ignore the
>c: and expand /foo, so my request really is for a Windows-specific bash
>parsing feature; it's not something I'd expect to Just Work.

OK, you got it Chris.  I see the correct behavior because I do have Cygwin
installed in / rather than /cygwin (my drive is actually d:).  So, it looks
like bash doesn't do proper file name completion with DOS paths.  While I
don't really care about this, it is a "nice" feature to have.  I guess that
anyone who's interested in pursuing this feature can follow-up on this.  In
any case, the request you've made is in the archives so it won't get lost.

Glad you figured this out and clarified this special case.

Thanks,