Re: Bash bug? - piped loops using builtin echo and stdout

Stuart,

I have the same installation you report (Win2K) and cannot reproduce your
problem. Hundreds of iterations work just fine.

I do notice that on my two-CPU system this loop will consume almost 90% of
the available CPU cycles and about 3/4 of that is kernel mode (as displayed
by the "Performance" tab of the "Windows Task Manager").

You don't say much about what is "going wrong," though, so it's hard to
hypothesize a problem.

Someone (but not me) might get something from the cygcheck output you
mention. Personally, I prefer it in an attachment since it makes searching
my local mail archive less likely to pick up a posting with in-line
cygcheck output. Cygcheck output is not spam.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA