libuser32.a (-luser32) reported missing in link - was - Re: ld missing???

At 03:37 PM 3/21/2002, Daniel_Casey@jbhunt.com wrote:
>Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure the people on the list see this question
>many times a month.  I should have posted the stuff I found in the archive
>and what I had already done first.  I am tempted to just install ALL of
>Cygwin
>and try it again.

Actually, we've seen it a couple dozen times (or it seems like it) in the last
two days, which is why I directed you to the email archives.  It's a new (and
short-lived) problem.  A simple search of the last couple of days or even a
deep wade through all those messages would have found you all the pertinent
threads and brought you up to speed on the problem and the solution without
that much pain.  But I'm glad to hear that you at least made the attempt at
finding the solution, though I'm not sure how you missed all the important
threads.

Alright, I'll bite once more on this one.  Here's the work-around if you don't
want to install w32api again:

Here's the solution for all those that just want to run setup and have it
do the right thing.

Now that I've done everyone's homework for them, let's see how many people
still ask the list for this information...