Re: ldconfig???

Chris Tooley wrote:

> I'm having something complain that it can't find ldconfig.  Is this
> something that needs to be installed, and if so are there any pointers
> as to where to get it, or do I have porting work ahead of me?

your "something" shouldn't be looking for ldconfig on cygwin.  It isn't
used.  ldconfig is used to setup shared libraries (creating the
appropriate runtime links, etc) for use by the system.  On windows,
setting up a DLL consists of "put the DLL in your PATH".  Period.

So, no ldconfig.  It's possible that we might want to include a dummy
ldconfig (#!/bin/sh  exit 0)  but that might cause more confusion that
the current situation.

--Chuck