Re: ldconfig???

At 12:00 PM 3/14/2002, Chris Tooley wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 16:33, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> > At 11:24 AM 3/14/2002, Chris Tooley wrote:
> > >I'm having something complain that it can't find ldconfig.  Is this
> > >something that needs to be installed, and if so are there any pointers
> > >as to where to get it, or do I have porting work ahead of me?
> >

> > http://cygwin.com/packages/ answers questions like this.
>
>My question wasn't necessarily if ldconfig was ported (though if it is
>and cygwin uses it that's great) but more about whether cygwin even used
>ld to configure shared libraries or if there was some other interface to
>perform this.  As I know that the software I'm wanting to install is not
>currently listed there I was wondering if I need to learn how to port
>that software to cygwin.

OK.  So my pointer only answered part of the question.  You'll have to
forgive me but I didn't know what ldconfig did so I couldn't expound further.
Let me say this.  Windows has DLLs, not shared libraries.  So unless ldconfig
understands DLLs, it won't be much help to you (or your porting effort will
be significant! ;-) )

HTH,