Re: Prompt question

Aha. Sounds like it might be a problem with the space in the name. I am
not sure how to work around that with mkpasswd. But you could probably
do a "mkpasswd -l >> /etc/passwd" (I didn't realize you weren't in a
domain environment).

You can also try Corinna's suggestion about "mkpasswd -u "Barry
Goldstein" >> /etc/passwd", or maybe "mkpasswd -u Barry\ Goldstein >>
/etc/passwd". Note that the space needs to be quoted.

About the colors, are you checking off "modify the shortcut which
started this window"? It sounds like you are only modifying the one
window, and so the next command window has the same bad colors.

HTH,
Peter