Re: autoconf 2.52a-1: M4PATH not being honoured through wrapper script.

Chuck wrote:

> James Harvey wrote:
>
> > I've been converting some of our build system to use the cygwin
autotools
> > recently, and I think I've come across a bug in the autoconf/autoheader
> > wrapper scripts (I assume these may occur in the other auto* scripts,
but
> > these are the specific ones I use).
> >
> Thanks for the report.  I'll try to get around to this soon, and will
> release new versions of the wrappers.

OK, thanks. A colleague of mine noticed a bug, in that:

export M4PATH=${AUTO_STABLE}/share/autoconf:${M4PATH}

will set M4PATH to '/foo/share.autoconf:' if it was not previously set, and
an empty path equates to the current directory, which is probably not what
was intended. This really needs a check to see whether M4PATH was previously
set, and only appending to it if so. This isn't an issue for PATH because
you assume it is always set to something.

Cheers,

-James Harvey