Re: Emacs for Cygwin (was: cygwin-mount.el, Using GDB in NTEMACS)

David Rothenberger <d.roth@verizon.net> wrote:

> FWIW, there's a true Cygwin port of XEmacs available now (as well as
> a Windows-native port).  See http://www.xemacs.org

FWIW, I'm a GNU fanatic who wouldn't touch XEmacs with a ten-foot
pole :)

Seriously, this kind of message is one (although by no means the
primary) motivation for my doing this--to stop XEmacs supporters from
sending this type of email *every time* *anyone* asks (or talks,
apparently) about Emacs on Cygwin.

Jon Cast

p.s. Flames (on both sides) to /dev/null, please