RE: Cygwin without installing

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm guessing that English isn't your first
language and in no way am I trying to make fun of you or anything... but where
did you find this word?!?!  In all my years as a passable native speaker, that
sure is a new one on me!

As to your question, I see no reason why what you're trying to do would not be
possible (though it would very quickly become outdated).  All you should have to
do is put everything except your home directory, the /var tree, and /tmp[1] on
the CD, and then mount the CD directories as /bin, /lib, etc etc.

I've never tried it and I don't recall anybody else doing so either.  You might
want to check the archives for people who have done basically this same thing,
but with a centralized network installation rather than a CD.  I know somebody
has done that successfully, and that would help you a lot I should think.

[1] I guarantee you that these are not the only directories you'll need to have
writeable, but those are the ones I can immediately think of.

"Cygwin Arborescence".  I like that.  ;-)  What can we use that for...?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.