Best way to run SSHD, etc., on Win9x?

I run some Cygwin daemons on Win98 boxes.  The way I do it is to put the
following shortcut in the Windows Startup folder:

c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --rcfile /usr/local/bin/startup.sh -i

Then in startup.sh, I have:

/usr/sbin/sshd
/usr/bin/rsync --daemon
/usr/sbin/cron

I could be wrong about some of the options/paths.  But that's the idea.
 Then, whenever Win98 boots, I end up with a minimized DOS shell.  I've
found that I need the shell to hang around, or the daemons die off
(hence the --rcfile and -i options to bash).

This works fine, but the problem is that when I shut down the machine, I
have to kill off the DOS shell by hand.

I imagine there must be a better way.  Anyone have any suggestions?

    - Chuck