Re: HELP: java path and classpath question

He Randall, thanks a lot for the message.

The java compiler I am using is called generic java
(with extended utility classes, see
http://www.research.avayalabs.com/user/wadler/pizza/gj/and
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/adding_generics/).

those environment variables and alias are set in
.bashrc. "gjc" is supposed to compile java source
files containing templates into stardard class files.

I am confused with cygwin- and window-style paths. A
simple question is which style to use in order to
invoke window java vm, and if window-style path is the
one to be used, how to put it in a file like .bashrc.

Thanks again.

I think you are right about