Re: Blue Screen Of Death

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Genisio" <briangenisio@yahoo.com>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>;
<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: Blue Screen Of Death

> So, does that mean I need to restructure my question?  I will try
again...

> If anybody knows why this might be happening, would you be so kind as
to tell
> me what your ideas on this matter are?

Yes, you are triggering a fault in a device driver on your system, it
may be a MS fault, or a third party driver fault.

Get a minidump or a full dump, and use the kernel debugger kdi386.exe
from http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/debugging/ to get a backtrace with
symbols. That should help figure out whether it's MS or someone else you
need to go beat up on.

Oh, and it's not Cygwin, irrespective of the appearance: This is a
kernel mode   fault that isn't being handled, and Cygwin doesn't have
any ring-0/NT native code in it. Cygwin may just be setting things up so
that the bug is exposed.

Rob