Problem with pipes, Cygwin 1.3.9, Win98

Hello!

Something changed between Cygwin 1.3.6 and 1.3.9 on handling of pipes on the
Windows 98 platform.

Here's a small Tcl code snippet:

    set pipe [open "| db_create $fileName >> $null_device" w]
    foreach value $cmds {
        puts $pipe $value
    }
    close $pipe

$null_device is in the case of Windows, "NUL".  "db_create" is a program which
takes its input from stdin and using Tcl, I am opening a pipe to that program.
I will write all the cmds (which is a list of tokens) into the pipe and then
close the pipe.  This all works on Windows 2000.

In Windows 98, however, the pipe can not be closed and my program will hang on
the "close $pipe" line.  This used to work on Cygwin 1.3.6.  I am not sure which
revision broke it, but it does not work on 1.3.9.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey@swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +