lgamma function not available with -mno-cygwin

I'm working with the beta cvs version of GNUPLOT. The X11 version
compiles and tests fine using CYGWIN v1.3.9-1 build, but I get an error
message testing the WIN32 version (i.e., -mno-cygwin). The gnuplot
generated error message during testing says that libc does not contain
the lgamma function.

I would assume that the WIN32 and X11 versions would have equally
capable libc libraries. I attempted to use the math lib -lm, but got a
run time error that it could not find cygwin1.dll.

Is there a work around, and could the WIN32 build be missing lgamma for
some reason?