Memory

hello, before anything else I don't speak English, I am Argentinean, I am
writing this with the help of a translator, so know how to excuse my
language.

Making a couple of tests with CYGWIN and the compiler GCC 2.95-3.5 was with
which I am reserved bad the memory. A char buffer[5] it occupies me 24
bytes!!!!!!!!!!. This checked it when seeing the exit assembler of this
program:

main ()
{
char buffer[5];
}

It is seen that it subtracts him 24 to ESP, when he would have to subtract
him 8. To that this is???