Re: Unable to find cygregex.dll

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 12:08:55PM -0500, dmeans@the-means.net wrote:
>When attempting to use ssh (i.e., ssh user@host), I get this error:
>
>'The dynamic link library cygregex.dll could not be found ...'
>
>This error is generated from a fresh install of 1.3.9, on a Win2K server.
>
>However, I've re-installed twice in attempt to correct the problem.

You're apparently not updating ssh for some reason.

Check out http://cygwin.com/packages/ .  The latest version of all of
the packages is listed there.  You will be able to see the latest version
of openssh.

When you rerun setup.exe, make sure that this is the version that you
are installing.

Btw, this question was just asked in the cygwin mailing list.  If you
had done a mailing list archive search you would have seen this answer.

cgf