Re: unscubscribe (even the subjects perversely amusing!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: unscubscribe

> And, even though there are quite a few mailing lists on
> sources.redhat.com, guess which group of mailing lists get the most
> clueless "Plese unsuscribe!!!!!!" messages?

If that's really the case then maybe the text on
http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple should be changed from:

    If you are on list foobaz, send a mail note to
      foobaz-unsubscribe@sources.redhat.com

to:

    For example, if you've accidentally subscribed to the cygwin mail list,
send
    a mail note to

Alternatively, is it perhaps possible to configure ezmlm-idx to move the
information from the List-Unsubscribe to be included in the appended sig
like bit at the bottom? (It's a shame more email clients don't support the
list features.)

Also, maybe we should make it (a lot) harder to actually subscribe! How
about if to subscribe you had to answer a simple unix question?! This could
pre-emptively weed out some of the clueless users! ;-)

Keith