Environment var PATH broken in 1.3.9 - spaces NG

I'm using MS Visual C++ executables installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin

and for some reason they all have filenames which are all caps.

With tcsh in 1.3.8 some of the commands will complete and/or be found
either upper or lower case (e.g. cl.exe) and others will only complete
and/or be found if typed uppercase (e.g. NMAKE.EXE).

Now in 1.3.9 the PATH environment variable in tcsh has all the spaces in
the above path replaced with ':' and I have to type in the full path to all
the Visual C++ stuff. The path (not PATH) in tcsh, which is a translation
of the PATH variable, does not have the spaces replaced with ':'.

I guess I need to translate my .login and .cshrc to something bash can
read... sigh.

Richard Kandarian
http://www.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/fonelink.pl/085598

Any opinions stated in this message are mine and not expressed on behalf of
any other individual or entity unless explicitly noted otherwise. As for
the links at the very end, my opinion is that they are interesting.

UNIX is software. M$ Windows is hardware implemented in software.

When M$ says 'embrace and extend', what does that bring to mind?
A huge boa constrictor?

Save the world from M$ tyranny - embrace and extend LINUX before M$ does.

http://www.fourmilab.to/documents/top10.html
http://www.prospect.org/print/V11/16/ackerman-b.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/12/fallows.htm