mkpasswd - cannot contact Domain Controller

Looking at the code then, it seems to bomb out in main when it gets to:

if (print_domain)
  {
    if (domain_name_specified)
      rc = netgetdcname (NULL, domain_name, (LPBYTE *) & servername);
    else
      rc = netgetdcname (NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE *) & servername);
    if (rc != ERROR_SUCCESS)
      {
        print_win_error(rc);
        exit (1);
      }

The problem is with the call to netgetdcname which returns the name of the
primary domain controller. This works on my computer (which is DHCP enabled
and seems to configured for a Primary WINS server).
My colleague has a fixed IP address, but I can't see any Primary WINS server
configured when I issue an IPCONFIG /ALL.
Is the PDC not supposed to be configured for a fixed IP address do you know?

JS