Re: stop cygwin sed adding ^M

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:58:57PM +0100, Schaible, Jorg wrote:
>May be you should read the FAQ regarding text mounts ??

sed is a fully ported utility.  It is supposed to read CRLF text on
standard input and produce only UNIX-style newline endings on standard
output.

This behavior is actually noted in another message in this mailing list.

If sed isn't doing that, then you're either running a very old version
of sed from the cygwin distribution, you're running some other version
of sed, or there is something wrong with sed.

cgf

Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .