Re: no output from net.exe

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:22:01AM -0500, Alex BATKO wrote:

> But if it's not just cygwin's subtree then that doesn't make sense to me.

Why do you make it that complicated?  If you want to have
POSIX security on the Cygwin subtree, go ahead and change
the permissions there.  If you want to use POSIX rules on
directories outside the Cygwin subtree, go ahead either.
I for one don't give a damn for the /bin or /lib dirs but
only for my personal directories and the directories used
by cron and ssh (/etc, /var).  Stay relaxed.

> `ls /`, I can't even tab-complete "/cygdrive", I have to type
> it out each time. ]

Just create a directory `cygdrive' in /.  Voila!

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.