Re: Rules.make

Felice Colucci wrote:

Hi ,
when I use the original makefile this is the output

Makefile:134: /usr/src/linux: No such file or directory
Makefile:134: /Rules.make: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Rules.make'.  Stop.

I do the change to detect the `/Rules.make' file

I understand that, but you can't expect, that just replacing
one file with another one because they share the same name
the things will get fixed. You still haven't told us which
is the program that you're trying to compile.

Usually the files like Rules.make or Make.rules are generated
by the "configure" script and contain data, for your environment,
which is then used to compile the program. Maybe you haven't
run "configure" at all. Note that you can't just copy a configured
source tree from linux to cygwin and expect it to work 100%.

p.s. Please, don't email me personally, but keep posting to the
mailing list. I read it and so do many others.

help please
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov@syntrex.com>