Re: sshd and fstat

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:12:17 +0100, Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 01:31:16PM +0100, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>>

>> Guy Harrison wrote:
>>
>> >On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:49:28 GMT, swamp-dog@ntlworld.com (Guy Harrison)
>> >wrote:
>> >

>> [snip]
>>

>> >Could someone enlighten me about 'allow_ntsec'. How does CygWin turn
>> >this on?
>>

>> When you add "ntsec" to the environment variable CYGWIN. Check FAQ and
>> documentation for more info. Also read the mailing list.
>
>Especially /usr/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README
>	   /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.0.2p1-4.README
>
>If you'd used ssh-host-config to install ssh, it would have
>asked if it shall sshd install as a service and how to set the
>environment variable CYGWIN, defaulting to "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty".

I did. I still don't know the cause but armed with your info and Pavel's
I know for sure it wasn't cygwin: I've stepped through the lot, sshd and
cygwin1.dll!

I trundled across & physically rebooted the server: Problem gone. It
seemed to have a "ControlSet001" deficiency (ie no Environment key).

--
swamp-dog@ntlworld.com