Re: Windows XP, inetd, and procmail, fetchmail, and mutt

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 05:26:39PM -0600, Kent Perrier wrote:

>>>Ever tried `man ssmtp'?
>>>

>>Why yes I have, the -bd option does not run the program in daemon mode.
>>

> Hmm, did you actually *read* it?

To the best of my ability, I have.  It looks to me that the MUA has to
call ssmtp to send an email.  It cannot run as a daemon, on port 25, to
accept connections from MUAs.  The man page says the -bd option is
unsupported and my experience from running it on the command line is it
does not work.  It gives the error you cut out of my previous email.

If it doesn't work please tell me.  If it does, please point me to a
post to the mailing list that describes how to make it work.  The
experience that I have had with ssmtp (from reading the man page) is not
positive.

Kent
--
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would do us harm"

                                                -- George Orwell