Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised

>From 'man bash':

       -c string If  the  -c option is present, then commands are
                 read from string.  If there are arguments  after
                 the  string, they are assigned to the positional
                 parameters, starting with $0.
. . .
ARGUMENTS
       If  arguments  remain after option processing, and neither
       the -c nor the -s option  has  been  supplied,  the  first
       argument  is  assumed  to be the name of a file containing
       shell commands.  If bash is invoked in this fashion, $0 is
       set to the name of the file, and the positional parameters
       are set to the remaining arguments.  Bash reads  and  exe-
       cutes  commands  from  this file, then exits.  Bash's exit
       status is the exit status of the last command executed  in
       the  script.  If no commands are executed, the exit status
       is 0.  An attempt is first made to open the  file  in  the
       current  directory,  and,  if  no  file is found, then the
       shell searches the directories in PATH for the script.

===
Which for is used is mostly a mater of taste.  The effect is slightly
different though.
--
Mac :})