Re: Hello--Question about setting up a local install server?

Glenn Sieb wrote:

 > Greetings!
 >
 > I'm the SysAdmin over here at Lumeta, and we're playing with Cygwin
 > here  on our Windows2000 boxen. We're wanting to play a bit with
 > Cygwin (and  OpenSSH) here, and one of the questions I've been
 > asked is, if we can  set it up so that someone can download the
 > setup.exe from our server,  and only be able to get the packages
 > from our server (or is there a way  to do a "local directory
 > install" and pre-specify what packages can/will  be installed)? I'm
 >  not having much luck finding this kind of information  the website
 >  or the mailing lists....

You can set your local package directory on a server, so that repeated
installation on various machines don't waste bandwidth.  I think it's
simpler to run the copy of setup.exe stored on the server.  I usually do
install from internet, so that the local package directory is updated.

--
Tim Prince
tprince@computer.org