Re: Hello--Question about setting up a local install server?

Yes you can tell it to install from a specified location or locally.  When
you run the install you will see the options.  Just run the install on your
server or whatever box you want the install files to be available
from.  Then tell the system you want to install it from where to get the
files.

run through the setup.exe once and you will see what options it has.

SR

At 02:20 PM 1/16/2002 -0500, Glenn Sieb wrote:
>Greetings!
>
>I'm the SysAdmin over here at Lumeta, and we're playing with Cygwin here
>on our Windows2000 boxen. We're wanting to play a bit with Cygwin (and
>OpenSSH) here, and one of the questions I've been asked is, if we can set
>it up so that someone can download the setup.exe from our server, and only
>be able to get the packages from our server (or is there a way to do a
>"local directory install" and pre-specify what packages can/will be
>installed)? I'm not having much luck finding this kind of information the
>website or the mailing lists....
>
>With much appreciation in advance... :)
>
>Glenn
>
>---