Re: libtool-devel and kde2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de>

> Hmm perhaps I have written to short to understand the full context.
>
> I have installed
>
> > > $ cygcheck -c | grep auto
> > > autoconf            2.52-5
> > > autoconf-devel      2.52-4
> > > autoconf-stable     2.13-4
> > > automake            1.5a-1
> > > automake-devel      1.5-5
> > > automake-stable     1.4p5-5
>
> and than downloaded your libtool devel-20010531-rc5 and installed in
/usr/local ...

The libtool stable and devel packages should be installed by setup -
they need to be found in /usr, not /usr/local, for aclocal to operate
correctly.

> > AUTO_DEVEL=/usr/autotool/stable
>
> This I need because kde2 only supports autoconf 2.13 and automake
1.4x.

Tough. I'm not about to address any legacy issues in the libtool-devel
code. It _may_ work, but most likely will _not_ work with ac 2.13 and am
1.5. Also, for good dll support you may well need the _CFLAGS target of
automake 1.5 (again, see libxml for an example).

> The created configure looks like following
>
> .... line 676
> ac_ext=c
> # CFLAGS is not in ac_cpp because -g, -O, etc. are not valid cpp
options.
> ac_cpp='$CPP $CPPFLAGS'
> ac_compile='${CC-cc} -c $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext 1>&5'
>               ^^^^^^
> ac_link='${CC-cc} -o conftest${ac_exeext} $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS
conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS
> 1>&5'
>            ^^^^^
> cross_compiling=$ac_cv_prog_cc_cross
>
> before this there isn't any setting of CC.
>
> This was the first problem. Do you any ideas where this have to be
patched ?

> When we have a solution for this, I will go to the next problem :-)

Sounds like an automake 2.13 - libtool-devel interaction, IIRC.

(I could be very wrong :})

Rob