Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: readline-4.2a-1

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:08:54PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:47:00PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >postgres: this setup hint is absolutely incomplete.  It has no sdesc,
> >ldesc, category, OR requires.  I made no changes -- the maintainer needs
> >to generate a REAL setup.hint; and when he does, add 'libreadline5' as a
> >requires:
>
> Gah! This is the dreaded "put the versions in the setup.hint rather than
> let the computer figure it out for me" syndrome.  The other information
> was correct in the setup.ini but it was never imported to setup.hint.
> It's possible that Jason hasn't updated PostGres since the new setup.exe
> with dependencies was introduced.

Chris' assumption is correct -- I have not updated PostgreSQL since
categories have been added.  I'm still waiting for PostgreSQL 7.2 ...

> I've created a new setup.hint from info in the setup.ini file and added
> the libreadline5 dependency.  The file is still missing the ldesc but
> that is no big deal.

Chris, thanks for coming to my rescue.  BTW, the old setup.hint is a
vestige of the update-setup era which did not deal appropriately with
versions such as 7.1rc4.  Now that we are in the upset era, its time for
this old dog to learn new tricks. :,)

Thanks,
Jason