Re: progamming with Cygwin GNU Readline Library

Hiroo Hayashi wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.  I've found my bug by your hint.
>
> Charles> Yes, that is correct. I am surprised that it isn't working
> Charles> for you.  I got the correct results -- but I was running in
> Charles> an rxvt window.  Are you running in a command.com window or
> Charles> something?
>
> Yes, I'm running in a command.com window.  I installed rxvt and try on
> it.  Now I get the correct results.
>
> I investigate a source of the GNU Readline, terminal.c, and found that
> the screen width is decrimented by one on a terminal which does not
> support auto-wrap function.  TERM=cygwin is the case.
>
> The test script in my perl module had a bug. I'm sorry that I made you
> spend your time for my bug.
>
> Charles> (BTW, rl_set_screen_size doesn't seem to actually CHANGE the
> Charles> physical size of my rxvt window -- should it?  Or does it
> Charles> merely restrict the area of the visible window that readline
> Charles> will use?)
>
> I understand as you do.
>
> Thank you.

No problems.  I am glad you were able to solve your problem -- and I
have been meaning to update readline to version 4.2a for a while now;
thanks for the push.  Chet (upstream maintainer) announced its
availability almost two months ago...sigh.

--Chuck