Re: default stack size

Hallo Gerrit,

Am 2002-01-13 um 17:27 schriebst du:

> What is the default stack size for applictions compiled on Cygwin?
> And is it safe to increase it?

It seems the default is 'just' 2MB.

> Background:  I have a perl script which doesn't work I guess because
> the perl stack size is too small.
> Now I want to try to build perl with a greater stack.

A perl built with 8MB stack works well in this case.
Maybe I should build perl using a greater default stack size in future.

Unanswered:

> Could cause this problems or does it only depend on the amount of
> memory I have in use?

What might be a 'good' value for the perl stack size?  Is 8MB enough or
maybe better 32MB?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                        mailto:gp@familiehaase.de