Re: Ash spawning win32 programs (was Re: bash/cmd CTRL-C problem...)

At 01:22 AM 1/12/2002 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

Its a console app that happily responds to ^C. If you run it directly from
within bash then ^C works, so I assume from what you say above that this is
a bug of some description.

>For console programs, the CTRL-C in the window should work fine. kill
>(script) won't work (because no keyboard interrupt is generated).
>
> > BTW with the script started in the background (or indeed fg and ^Z)
>kill %1
> > does not work (it used to) it is reported as terminated but is still
>running.
>
>The script dies quite happily for me. The win32 process doesn't though
>(as expected).

I guess I don't understand why this is expected. It always used to work
(i.e. the subprocess would get killed also).

>The key question here is : what semantics should apply to a _non signal
>aware program_ when cygwin detects a signal is generated for it?
>
>I.e., to pick a couple, for SIGINT and SIGKILL.
>
>One is obvious, we call (IIRC) TerminateProcess and *boom* it's gone.
>Hope your work was saved.

Er, why isn't it signal aware. It is AFAIK.

andy